Passion holds up the bottom of the universe and genius paints up its roof. -Chang Ch'ao


Everyone needs a passion. Some have more than one. A few have many (too many?). This blog is a tribute to those with passion for anything, be it learning, hobbies, spirituality, fitness, family...

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Good Pithy Quotes Can Fuel Life's Passions...

Here are a few to chew on...

You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth. -H.L. Mencken, writer, editor, and critic (1880-1956)

Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. - Dale Carnegie

I could not, at any age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life was meant to be lived. Curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love, to work, to play, and to look up at the stars. -Henry van Dyke

If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster. - Isaac Asimov

Men for the sake of getting a living forget to live. - Margaret Fuller

Our care should not be to have lived long as to have lived enough. - Seneca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home